First: review each element of the course site page for today's class. This should take about 20 min with a partner or small group.
- 5 P's
- Language of Persuasion
- Weasel Words
- Access & Analyze Advertising
- Advertising in a Digital World
- Marketing and Children
- Media & Advertising - Links to Ontario Curriculum Expectations
- Take A Test
- Activity one: Lotus chart to analyze advertisements
- Activity two: Create a magazine cover (using your avatar image or a picture you take) OR create a counter ad to a current media advertisement you find on the web.
- Activity three: Create a simple infographic - topic of your choice but relevant to teaching, media, advertising or digital issues or information.
- Activity four: Take a Test - take the test and screen capture or download the results. Reflect on what the information shows about your stance and/or beliefs relating to digital and media education.
FINALLY: Complete the exit ticket for today's class - found in D2L in the Exit Ticket folder. This may take 5 minutes to complete. Your blog post and the exit ticket will be reviewed with a MET/NOT MET feedback response from your instructor.